Monday, 19 July 2010
Felicita - How to create your own stylish earrings
Here's a quick jewellery project with step by step pictures on how to make a gorgeous pair of earrings.
Step by step
- Thread a selection of beads (assorted small beads and a large one in different shapes like round, bicone, teardrop and hexagonal work well)onto 11 headpins. Leave the teardrop to be wire wrapped latter.
- Using your flat nose pliers bend the headpins to the right angle leaving some space so the rest of the wire can be wire wrapped.
- Use your round nose pliers to create a loop. Hold the loop with the same pliers and using the flat ones wrap the excess wire around the neck until it's covered.
Flush any excess with the cutters and tuck the wire using your flat nose pliers to avoid sharp ends.
- Using 0.6mm wire wire wrapped the teardrop bead by bending the wire ends with the help of your flat nose pliers creating a "triangle shape" (don't forget to thread the bead on the wire first before you make the bends)
- Use the round nose pliers to create a loop and wrap the excess wire around that triangle shape. Flush any excess.
- Connect the beads using small jump rings. Start with the large one followed by a teardrop and round one. Link the others until you have linked the smallest ones at the top.
-Add an earring wire and voila!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!