Friday 26 October 2007

CHRISTMAS QUILLING - FILIGRANA NAVIDEÑA



This is another mixture of my favorite technique again : quilling and beading. I made the snowman with fine quilling papers and added a pom-pom for the nose and googly eyes. I made the embossing with the Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder in silver mirri card. I added some pink star sequins and seed beads. The wire Christmas word is from Papermania but I added the extra beads on the letter "C" and colour it pink with the Whispers permanet pens. I also add some organza ribbon under the wire word. I used wrapping paper for the background and vellum and foam to make it look like snow under the snowman. I attach the vellum with the star sequins and put a small piece of double sided tape under the vellum. I know vellum could be quite tricky to attach to cards and since I don't have any special vellum glue yet I have to see in which ways I can attach it to my cards without showing. Also brads and eyelets are another great way to keep vellum in place.


"Estas es nuevamente otra mezcla de mis tecnicas favoritas : Filigrana y beading. Hice el hombre de nieve con paleles delgados para filigrana y agregé un pompón para la nariz y ojitos de plástico. Hice el repujado con el folder de hojuelas de nieve de Cuttlebug en cartón plateado mirri; que es muy brillante casi como un espejo. Agregé lentejuelas de estrella rosadas y unas pequeñas moztacillas. La palabra de alambre "Christmas"- Navidad es de Papermania pero le agrege mas perlitas en la letra "C" y pinte el alambre con los lapiceros permanentes de Whispers. También añadí cinta de organza debajo de la palabra de alambre. Para el fondo usé papel de regalo y papel para pergaminos y bolitas para crear el efecto de nieve debajo del hombre de nieve. Sujete el papel para pergaminos con las lentejuelas de estrella y puse una pequeñ cantidad de cinta pegatina doble debajo del hombre de nieve. Se que el papel para pergamino puede resultar bastante dificil de sujetar a las tarjetas y ya que no tengo ningun pegamento especial y especifico para este material todavia tengo que ver de que formas lo sujeto a las tarjetas sin que se note. Tambien los puntillas (brads) y ojetes son otras manera genial de mantener a este material sujeto."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Collage of My Macramé Bags

Collage of My Macramé Bags
Made when I was in Peru